Show Producer, Theme Park
Company: SPACES,Inc. Status: Employee or Contract Travel Required: Yes
The power of virtual reality and mixed reality make it possible to take anyone anywhere, and SPACES Inc. is bringing that power to a bold new era of VR-enabled theme parks and attractions. Based in Los Angeles, SPACES boasts one of the most accomplished teams in the VR industry, with artists, designers and programmers from film, television, video games, visual effects, theme parks and animation -- all eager to explore the limitless new horizons of VR and mixed reality.
As a Show Producer, you'll be the responsible individual to ensure the project’s is successfully achieved in all guest-experience related aspects of the Project. As part of the Project’s leadership team, the Show Producer is responsible to partner with the team to develop, review and manage scopes, contract documents, cost estimates, schedules, strategies and work plans to align with achieving the Project’s creative intent.
- Manage and interface with appropriate internal and external resources through every phase of design, production and installation and revision of VR theme park attractions.Develop, manage and report status on design and production budgets schedules.
- Work with the creative director, technical director and art director to assure guest-experience and creative design intent is properly designed, developed, articulated and documented.
- Develop and manage work plans, estimates, schedules and tasks for all design, development and installation.
- Manage sufficient resource allocation as needed throughout the project, including architectural, engineering, and facility operations teams.
- Develop and manage strategic sourcing and staffing plans to support show development and production efforts.
- Negotiate and procure outside resources as necessary
- Manage, interpret, communicate and present project concept and design intent development to stakeholders throughout the project process.
- Manage 3rd party licensor creative approvals if necessary.
- 5-7 years professional experience as show producer for theme parks.
- Strong knowledge of interactive design, preferably in theme parks, location-based entertainment and video games.
- Solid management knowledge of budgeting, scheduling, bid package preparation, production and variety of vendors.
- Anticipate roadblocks and mitigates risks
- Highly effective communication skills for collaboration and teamwork with Internal and External Partners.
- Travel is required depending upon Project needs.
- The ability to use a Virtual Reality headset and hand controllers
- Language: English
- Language: Mandarin a plus
- China theme park work experience preferred
Must be able to work in the US.
Must be able to travel (Asia, United States).
MORE ABOUT US:
SPACES is led by CEO Shiraz Akmal and CTO Brad Herman, VR pioneers who previously oversaw virtual reality development at DreamWorks Animation. Leading investors in SPACES include Songcheng Performance Development Co. Ltd., with whom it operates a $30-million theme-park joint venture in China; Comcast Ventures, the venture-capital affiliate of Comcast Corporation; and Youku Global Media Fund, among others.
You can learn more about SPACES by reading recent news articles about our work and our vision:
Venture Beat: SPACES gets another $6.5 million for its VR theme park dreams
UploadVR: SPACES Inc.’s Vision for a VR Theme Park is $6.5 Million Closer to Being a Reality
Variety: VR Startup SPACES Lands $6.5 Million from Chinese Theme-Park Operator Songcheng, Comcast, Other Investors